On 27th October 1720, Ann Watson, nee Headon, of White House, Stoneferry, left her estate at Stoneferry for a hospital for widows or daughters of clergymen, old maids, and for a school. In Sutton she left 26s p.a. to distribute bread to the poor who attended divine service that day. She left several other bequests in different parishes; Ann Watson Street is later named for her; she is buried in Hedon, and has memorials there and in St James Church, Sutton.
On 27th October 1849, Hull Trinity House purchased chalkstone to protect the Spurn lifeboat cottages from the sea, as high tides and gravel extraction had greatly damaged the Point.
On 27th October 1907, Charles Henry Wilson died aged 74 at Warter Priory. Son of the founder of the Wilson Line, he was MP for Hull, then Hull West, a JP, and High Sheriff of Hull. He paid for the Seaman’s Mission in Posterngate (now the Mission pub). Deputy Lieutenant of the East Riding, he became the 1stLord Nunburnholme in 1906. photo shows part of his memorial in Warter church.