On 15th September 1415, Henry V issued a General Pardon to the Mayor and town of Hull. It is not clear for what they were being pardoned, though it may have been a general relaxation of taxes in gratitude for providing soldiers – or ships – after his success at Agincourt.
On 15th September 1561, William Calverde rented from Hull Corporation land called Hurne Close in Myton, with the right to pasture 20 sheep in the Common Carr of Myton.
On 15th September 1636, Hull Corporation was warned to prevent seamen arriving from ports infected with plague from coming ashore. Hull was in the midst of a serious 3-year outbreak which began in 1635.
On 15th September 1636, James II turned out of office 11 of the 13 elected Hull aldermen, the Mayor, High Steward, Recorder and Town Clerk, and replaced them with his own choice. This put Marmaduke Lord Langdale, in the powerful position of Governor of the garrison and Recorder, backed by 1199 soldiers, billeted on the residents. In December that year, Langdale was himself ejected.
On 15th September 1864, Crown Prince Umberto of Italy stayed overnight at the Beverley Arms, after attending the St Leger at Doncaster, and left to visit James Hall’s stud at Scorborough.
On 15th September 1948, Mr J.H. Wilson, 33, labourer-driver, employed by East Riding Agricultural Committee, was badly injured when he drove a lorry across a temporary rail crossing at Garton on the Wolds. The lorry was wrecked by a train, killing 3 Polish and Hungarian workers, and injuring another 4. The workers were people displaced by WW2, who were travelling to a Garton farm to help with the harvest. An enquiry recommended steps to improve the crossing.