February 7th

On 7th February 1518, Hull weaver John Watson claimed the sanctuary of St John’s church, Beverley, for debt.

On 7th February 1519, John Gilson, a gentleman of Garton claimed the sanctuary of St John’s church, Beverley, for debt. It is not known whether this was Garton on the Wolds or Garton in Holderness.

On 7th February 1651, the Mayor of Hull wrote to the Sheriff Thomas Raikes concerning the partitioning of Holy Trinity church to allow soldiers to be billeted there, whilst services could continue in part of the church.

On 7th February 1799, Lutheran Pastor Triebner came to Hull to preach to the Germans employed in the two Sugar Houses in Drypool.

Holy Trinity