On 25th February 1325, Nicholas le Couper conveyed property in Aldegate, abutting on ‘Wycote Dyk’, to Robert de Preston, draper.
On 25th February 1803, Burnett’s Daily Shipping List reported the arrival of 1 ship from Wells (Wells-next-the Sea, Norfolk?) and 14 ships left the port, for the Davis Straits, London, Lisbon, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Valencia, and Amsterdam.
On 25th February 1862, Miss Turner and Miss Broadley paid for the building work, and donated the land, for Turner Court, Midland Street, Hull. This is the only example of Model Dwellings built outside London by the Labourer’s Friend Society, (founded by Lord Shaftesbury) which became the Society for Improving the Conditions of the Labouring Classes. The first tenants of flat No 8 were James and Mary Ann Adam, 38, their 9 children and 1 grandchild.
On 25th February 1905, an International Commissionin Paris reported that the Russian Rozhestvensky did all he could to prevent Hull trawlers being fired on in the “Russian Outrage’ (also known as the Dogger Bank Incident’) which killed 3 Hull men. Russia voluntarily paid £66,000 to the fishermen.
On 25th February 1971, Rupert Alec-Smith, Lord Mayor of Hull, formally opened BBC Radio Humberside.